FELINE VETERINARY CARE
Wellness Exams Keep Your Family Cat Healthy!
Cats are wonderful animals, and we have many years of experience in helping you care for your cat. The best way to keep them healthy is through wellness exams. Wellness exams play a critical role in the early detection of any future health issues and are critical for disease prevention.
At Happy Tails Pet Hospital, we recommend that all cats receive a complete physical examination by Dr. Dan at least once a year; some cats should receive more frequent exams. Our annual comprehensive preventative medicine exam includes:
- Thorough “nose-to-tail” physical examination.
- An examination of your pet’s dental health.
- Recommendations for parasite prevention and control (i.e. fleas, intestinal worms and the deadly heartworm).
- Vaccinations as necessary in accordance with your pet’s vaccination schedule.
- Testing and vaccination
- An analysis of your pet’s nutrition, behaviors, and daily activity and exercise habits.
- Recommendations for possible additional diagnostic testing as needed.
Your cat’s wellness exams help us understand your expectations as pet owner and establish a long relationship with you and your pet. Dental care, arthritis, nutrition, immunizations and lifestyle changes are important topics to discuss with Dr. Dan during your cat’s wellness exam.