CANINE WELLNESS & HEALTH CARE
Wellness Exams Keep Your Family’s Dog Healthy!
Dogs make wonderful family members! We have many years of experience in helping you care for your family dog. The best way to keep them healthy is through wellness exams. Wellness exams play a critical role in the early detection of any future health issues and are critical for disease prevention.
At Happy Tails Pet Hospital, we recommend that all dogs receive a complete physical examination by Dr. Dan at least once a year; some pets should receive more frequent exams. Our annual comprehensive preventative medicine exam includes:
- Thorough “nose-to-tail” physical examination.
- An examination of your pet’s dental health.
- Annual heartworm testing and prevention.
- Recommendations for parasite prevention and control (i.e., fleas, ticks, intestinal worms and the deadly heartworm).
- Vaccinations as necessary in accordance with your pet’s vaccination schedule.
- An analysis of your pet’s nutrition, behaviors, and daily activity and exercise habits.
- Recommendations for possible additional diagnostic testing as needed.
Your dog’s wellness exams help us understand your expectations as a pet owner and establish a long relationship with you and your furry family member. Dental care, arthritis, nutrition, immunizations and lifestyle changes are important topics to discuss with Dr. Dan during your dog’s wellness exam.